Increase number of Inlet

Hi there,

I realised that the number of inlets is limited to 16. Is it possible to increase this number? Thanks.

Sam

Comments

• Hi Sam,

I recently do some research on inlet and I found some problem. I would like to discus with you.

But I don't understand what you said 'limited to 16'.

• Hi Youngk,

You can only set 16 inlets or outlets in the simulation, not more than that. I'm looking into the code to see how to change that.

Regards,

Sam

• Hi Sam,

My simulation is quite simple so I didn't meet this problem.

Have you ever tested the fliud volume come out of inlet? I built a box without top, and an inlet above it. The fluid come out of inlet and fill the box.

The question is: the number of fluid particles mutiply the Vol of fluid particles doesn't equal to the volume of all fluid(total volume of fluid in the box L*W*H).  L*W*H is always more bigger then Vol*number.

Do you know how to solve it?

• Hi YoungK,

SPH doesn't work that way, each particle sphere doesn't represent a volume of fluid. Please refer to the wiki doc for the theory. To measure the volume, just use MeasureTool, again, refer to the doc on how to use that.

Thanks,

Sam

• Thank you Sam!

Then I have one more question. How could I set an accurate volume flux on inlet.

Is volume = inlet area*time*inlet velocity? but I never found this works.

First I thought I set a relative bigger dp to inlet (dp=0.045 inlet=0.1*0.1),and inlet area was changed after pre process.

Then I try to calculate volume by particle numbers and particle volume which you said this is wrong.

In my simulation the key point is set an inlet with 0.00233m3/s. Now I don't konw how to set inlet volume flux right, and I also couldn't measure the fluid volume right (I'm try to use measuretool now).

Looking forward to your reply

• I would calculate the inlet velocity based on your inlet cross-sectional area and impose the fluid velocity at your inlet. You should then get the right flux.