Case Pump

Hello

I have two questions about case pump in dual sphysics , would you please help me?

First ,How can i do post-processing for vtk files of Case Pump in ParaView after a complete run?

I mean how can i get ,for example, the Head-Q Diagram?

And Second question ,How can i validate Case Pump with experimental data?

Thank you very much ,best regards and stay healthy

Comments

• Head-Q diagram cannot be computed inside Paraview. You need to use the Flowtool to compute the discharge and the MeasureTool for the water elevation and use those information to create the H-Q plot. You need also to run multiple simulations (one for each point of your H-Q curve).

I strongly suggest to check the wiki where all those information are included: https://github.com/DualSPHysics/DualSPHysics/wiki

There are no experimental data for the Case Pump test case (as far as I know). The purpose of the test is to show who moving/rotating objects can be simulated in DualSPHysics.

I hope it helps

Best Regards

• Thank you for your reply Dr Renato Vacondio

It was so helpful

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

• Hello

I'm trying to simulate a centrifugal pump in Dual SPHysics v4.0.

As you know, there isn't any valve in Case Pump configuration or xml file to change the Q value.

Only parameters that I have for changing are : dp...size of fill box...rotational speed and time of simulation.

How can I test several Q in the pump to get the curve Head-Q diagram?

I mean what parameter should be changed in every single simulation that needed for each point of H-Q diagram?

Best Regards

• Hi,

I think Q is a function of the rotational speed of the pump. If you change this, you will have a different Q and H.

If you really want a valve, you can add one, but I don't see the point, because then you ar eenot modelling the effect of the pump and its characteristics but rather the valve and its effects on flow

Best Regards,

• Hi

Thank you so much

If I change the rotational speed of pump, how can I validate for example the H-Q of pump with experimental data and diagrams? cause every H-Q diagram that I saw in experimental and industrial catalogues, had constant rotational speed.

Best Regards

• edited January 2021

Hi,

It seems your question is more about general hydraulic understanding than DSPH. I'm not a pump expert and cannot help you there (neither I am a DSPH expert for that matter, but can help sometimes).

Good luck

Best regards