Freedraw mode

I only find brief introduction about freedraw mode in DualSPHysics_v5.0/doc/guides/XML_GUIDE_v5.0.pdf page 57. Is there more information about how to create particles at free nodes but maintaining the same initial particle distance “dp” ?

Comments

• This is my understanding:

The idea of using freedrawmode is to "relax" the initial particle distance criteria, to move particles in a way such that they better represent the shape they are trying to discretize. I.e. to remove the "stair-casing effect" which often is quite visible in SPH.

To my knowledge we have no parameters available directly, other than activating/deactivating freedrawmode, i.e. only information is in page 57-58 of the pdf you mention.

I have checked the CaseTemplate.xml at DualSPHysics_v5.0\doc\xml_format and I couldn't find more information there either.

Kind regards

• Thanks @Asalih3d

And when I activate freedrawmode, it shows:

[WARNINGS]

1. Free-particles feature is not finished so it can present some problems in combination with other XML operations.

2. Free-particles are also included in Vtk-Cells file but it present some issues since this file format was not conceived for Free-particles.

What's the "other XML operations"? Does CHRONO count?

• No, you can use FreeDrawMode with Chrono if you wish.

The warnings are just warnings. First warning is about that some other xml operations like "fillbox" etc. might (emphasis on might, you have to try!) not play well with this feature. Through time and experience you will discover some cases where freedraw mode is not optimal to use.

Second warning is simply about that the exported VTK files might not be completely correct, when using FreeDrawMode, so always double check what you do and visualize the generated particle distributions etc.

Kind regards