Elevation of point calculating force in dam-break

edited June 2017 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
Dear SPH admins and users,

I run computeforces code to calculate the force on the example Case Dam-break and it run well. It is clearly the force of the boundary particle of the structure but naturally the force of different point elevation is not the same.
In the .xml file, the mk number of structure is determined. Could you please explain to me what elevation of the particle of which the code used to calculate the force. And how can i change it if possible?
Thank and look forward hearing from you.

Comments

• Sorry, but this is not clear: "Could you please explain to me what elevation of the particle of which the code used to calculate the force. And how can i change it if possible?"
    Can you please, explain this better?

ComputeForces.exe computes the force exerted onto boundary particles...
    MeasureTool.exe computes magnitudes of interest at a point or a list of points.
    The explanation of how these post-processing tools work are explained in a PDF in the Documentation.zip file

Regards
  • Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for your response. In my personal test, I create a cylinder interacting with wave, the cylinder mk:12, 3524 particles. When i extracted force on surface of cylinder:
    1, Measure tool works well i have no trouble with this on calculating the pressure.
    2, The height or Z-position of Force calculation.
    Command: ComputeForces4_win64 -filexml file.xml -onlymk:12 -savecsv results.
    There are a number of particles on the boundary of the cylinder and DualSPHysics only need specify the mk number of boundary particles like above command.
    What is the specific height or the Z-position of these particle used to calculate force because there are many particle locating on the surface in various height? I think the different particles have different height will have different forces. Please explain to me more than PostprocessingCalculations_v4.
    3, The force in X and Y-direction is small, the force in Z-direction is dominant, can you explain how DualSPHysics calculated the total force F?
    Thank you so much for your kind response and look forward hearing from you.
  • Total force is the magnitude of the vector (Fx, Fy, Fz).

ComputeForces will give you the summation of forces acting on the set of particles specified by the mk value. ok?
  • Dear Dr. Alex,

Thank you so much for your answer.
  • Hi Dr.Alex and HoaXNguyen,

I am new to DualSPHysics.

Is there any way to calculate the exerted force on a particular point of a structure? Compute force gives the total magnitude of the force on the structure. I was thinking to be more specific, like the midpoint on the side of a structure.