Particle Shifting at the float and free surface interface (Wedge Entry Simulation)

Hi guys,

I am trying to simulate a thin wedge drop but after the impact, the fluid particles that are in contact with the wedge are moving away and creating a void. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue?

Comments

• You need to adjust the speed of sound that will be used to compute the values of your time steps.

So if you already know the celerity of the wedge... and this is higher than 10*sqrt(g*Hswl) then you should use:

<speedsystem value="XXXX" auto="false" />

• Hi @Alex,

I did change the speedsystem to 5m/s (impact velocity of the wedge) and changed the coefsound from 20 to 40,60,80,100. I also changed the CFL number to 0.005 and 0.0075 but still, I have the same cavity issue.

• Please, can you share your XML with us and we will take a look to this issue.

You can email to dualsphysics@gmail.com

Regards

• Hi guys,

I am still trying by changing other parameters such as coefh, CFL, and dp. But I am still getting the separation issue.

For large deadrise angles (wedge angle with respect to the x-axis) such as 35 deg, I don't such separation. But for a small deadrise angle such as 15 deg, I see the separation.

Here I am attaching my Case.xml (`CaseWedge_thin_wedge_Def.txt`) file.