The kernel Cubic Spline is not available in GaugeSystem ?

Hi,

I use the measuretool to get the wave height and the kernel Cubic Spline is choosed, but it seems that Cubic Spline is not available in GaugeSystem, why?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Comments

• The "gauge" system and "MeasureTool" only use Wendland kernel

• Would you tell me the reason why? I remerber that the "MeasureTool" can use Cubic kernel in Dualsphysics V4.0.

Regards

• The reason is due to efficiencty and maintenance!

In the case of MeasureTool, if you analyse frozen information from the output files there are no differences using cubic or wendland. Differences appear during the simulation, computing step by step.

Regards

• Hello,

How do we run a simulation using Cubic spline. I am not using measuretool or gauge but I keep getting the same warning. Maybe I am confused, but no matter what I do, my simulation always uses Wendland.

• Can we not use Cubic spline for simulations involving floating bodies?

• You can use the kernel you want during the simulation (see documentation to choose the kernel you want).

However for the post-processing computation we only use Wendland kernel.

Regards

• @Alex Whenever I try to run a simulation(without any post-processing tools enabled) I get the same warning in the screenshot above. Is that message there just to warn me in case I try to use Cubic spline for post-processing? If so, does it mean even though I am getting that message, my calculations will be based on cubic spline?

Regards

• The kernel you used in the simulation can be selected in the XML and you can also checked the one finally used in Run.out

But all post-processing tools will use Wendland kernel.

• @Alex Thank you. I will ignore the warning as I don't need the post processing tools.