Sloshing tank subjected to Sinusoidal Rectilinear Motion

Dear DualSPHysics Team,

Could you please help me with the following inquiries. I am carrying out the analysis of a sloshing tank subjected to Sinusoidal Rectilinear Motion. I am trying now to determine the FORCES in the left wall of the tank and also the HEIGHT of water in the left wall of the tank. As I am a new user of DualSPHysics, I am first getting used to using the FreeCAD interface with the DualSPHysics Macro, so once I have understood it, I will later modify the XML document by myself.

So, my questions are:

Regarding the forces: I want to determine the force acting in the left wall of the tank to compare later on with an experiment that I want to perform. I have noticed in one of the tutorials (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g7PzfrMomM&list=PLwaIMU-iIzj3cNmPoxGVJ3uWeIa0g49Ko&index=9) that one can get the Force of moving objects, like the case of the tank would be. So, in order to determine the force, I created an object in the left-hand side of the tank, and I have named this object as "wall". I have subjected this object to the same Sinusoidal Rectilinear Motion of the tank, and I have measured the forces, the correspondent file is "Force_on_leftWall". So, my question is. Is it this approach correct, or I am missing some important considerations to measure the force?

Regarding the hight of water: I want to determine the hight of the water on the left side of the tank. In order to do so, I have been reading and I have found a way to do it in the tutorial of DualSPHysics (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-hSukMETNI&list=PLwaIMU-iIzj3cNmPoxGVJ3uWeIa0g49Ko&index=5). However, as you could imagine, I pretend to measure the height of the water in a point right next to the left wall of the tank (as it would be done if a sensor is set in the wall of a tank in an experiment). My problem is that this point that I want to measure its height, is moving along the x-axis. It means I cannot enter just 1 point in the MeasuringTool, and I am not sure how I should proceed. Could you give me an option to perform this calculation?

I am attacheing in this message the corresponding files that I generated in DualSPHysics using FreeCAD. So, you please could take a look at it and understand in a better way my problem. At first I am using an interparticle distance of 0.005m just to reduce the calculation time with my computer. I intend to optimize it once these questions have been answered.

Thanks in advance for your attention to this email, and any comment, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Comments