False results wave impact

edited January 2020 in DualSPHysics v4.4

Dear all. I am trying to model wave impact on an L-shaped wall: a vertical wall with an overhanging part. Even though the wave height is correct, the model returns false results. I should observe one peak, followed by oscillations instead of multiple peaks. I included the outcome of the model and the result of the physical experiment. I think it has to do with the boundary formulation and the resulting gaps. The particles bounce too much resulting in multiple peaks and the unphysical behaviour. Anyone an idea how to improve the model? I tried varying many parameters without any luck. When removing the overhang, the results match the experiments done with a simple vertical wall. I placed the probes at 1.5h from the wall as advised.

Comments

• We are going to release a new version of the code in march 2020 during the event https://dual.sphysics.org/5thusersworkshop/

that includes new formulation for boundary conditions, which avoids gap and improves pressure results.

Regards

• I'm looking forward to the new version. However, Is there no other way to make the particles less bouncy at the boundary in the current version? @Alex