Boundary Gap fixed in V4.4?

Noted that V4.4 is coming, Just to confirm, will the Boundary Gap (between floating and fluid) be fixed in this upcoming version?

Comments

• In the v4.3 (beta version for v4.4) it was only possible to do on fixed or moving bodies - floatings were still not possible, and I think it was with the issue with generating the correct normal vector for a set of particles. Maybe it has been fixed, I do not know, but for the beta version it was not possible.

Kind regards
  • No, "the correction for DBC" will not be finished for this v4.4
    We are still working on that to make it general for more complex cases and for floatings
    So that will be included in v4.6 ;)
  • @Alex nice to hear, it keeps becoming better and better - when hopefully more people use SPH in the future and they see DualSPHysics it will hopefully be one of the first choices :-)
  • Thanks, we do our best.
    Working and preparing a release (code, documentation, examples, guides...) is a lot a lot a lot of work....

Regards
  • @Asalih3d @Alex May i know where i can find the boundary correction option for the fixed body case as you mentioned in v4.3, please? I am currently using v4.4. Thank you very much!

• It will be available in v5.0

Beta version 5.0 will be releases in March only to participants of the 5th DSPH Users Workshop.

Official release of the new version will be later in 2020

• @Alex nice to hear that. i wonder which version will be release in 2020, 5.0 or 4.6?

i really want to go to the 5th DSPH workshop, but i have but i have some plan that days, is that any other ways to get the beta version?