Problems with "partbegin..."

edited January 2017 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
Hi,
i use DualSPHysics to simulate the transport of debris during a tsunamiwave. After starting one of these jobs, i got an error because the Walltime was exceeded. I tried to use "partbegin..." to continue my computing job. I'm sure the row in the sh.-file is correct:
"$dualsphysics $dirout/$name $dirout -sv:binx,vtk -svres -gpu -partbegin:50[:51] $dirout ".

The error report is
"Exception (JPartFloatBi4Load::LoadPart)
Text: PART not found.
Execution aborted"

Does anyone have an idea how to solve it?
Thanks for your help!

Comments

• In the help of DualSPHysics you can read:

-partbegin:begin[:first] dir
    Specifies the beginning of the simulation starting from a given PART
    (begin) and located in the directory (dir), (first) indicates the
    number of the first PART to be generated

begin will be your last PART in the old calculation (50)
    first will be the name of the first PART to be created in the new run (51)
    if you do not write anything then the first should be 1.
    dir this is the old directory (it is supposed that NOW your dirout is a NEW one (not the old dirout!!!) so you have TWO folders (old + new). Later you can merge all PARTs. Take care with names of dirout!!!

Regards
  • Thanks for your answer!
    Why do I need a new folder? Isn´t it possible to also save the new files in the old dirout, which i generated for the first computation?
  • In this way you always keep output files and info of the previous run in one folder.
    However if you prefer in the other way you should change the source files on your own.

Regards
  • I encountered the same problem, you might be using the bat/sh file from the example, just comment the first two line of bat/sh file if you want to use the partbegin. The first two line delete your old folder and create new folder. example for bat file:
    rem if exist %dirout% del /Q %dirout%\*.*
    rem if not exist %dirout% mkdir %dirout%

regards
  • Hi sir @Alex, i just found your replies on this discussion and i have related problems about my project

So i did restart my simulation with partbegin and set them to my old directory without realizing the output files and info from the previous run replaced into the new one

Now i can't do post-processing simulation from the very first part of my initial run, do u have any idea how to fix this (regarding the comment you mentioned about "change the source files on your own") without restart them all over from the start

Thanks