External force for a boundary or a floating object

edited January 2017 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
Hello,

In the testcase CASEFORCES, an external force is applied to the fluid from a .csv file. There is a sphere in the middle (a boundary), not subjected to this external force.

My question is : is it possible to do the opposite, ie for example to give an external force to the sphere and not to the fluid ?

I tried to change the mk in [accinput], but it does not work with something else than a fluid.

Regards.

Comments

• Your question is strange....
    External forces from a file can be applied only to fluid.
    In case you want to applied external force to a boundary... that means that you want to move the object and you have a lot of options to define the movement of the object.

Regards
  • Indeed, there is a lot of ways to define the movement of an object, but I don't want to give him the description of a movement because it is what I look for.

For example, if I have a submarine with a given propulsive force, I would like to know what is its velocity when the drag and the propulsive force are in equilibrium. The only way to do it is to give a force to the submarine (and not to define its movement).

So, is there a way to apply a force on an object ?

Regards.
  • You will have to code it on your own since the online version does not allow to simulate the problem you are interested.

Regards