On the problem of recompiling the DualSPHysics_v4

edited November 2016 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
Hi, all

According to the guide of DualSPHysics_v4, I want to try to recompile the DualSPHysics4_vs2013 or vs2010 files in the folder of DualSPHyiscs_v4. However, I can not do it smoothly.

the Detailed error info is listed as following.

D:\for_DualSPH_test\DualSPH_v4.0\SOURCE\DualSPHysics_v4\DualSPHysics4_vs2010.vcxproj : error : Unable to read the project file "DualSPHysics4_vs2010.vcxproj".

D:\for_DualSPH_test\DualSPH_v4.0\SOURCE\DualSPHysics_v4\DualSPHysics4_vs2010.vcxproj(59,5): The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\BuildCustomizations\CUDA 7.5.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

According to the above information, I understand that the CUDA 7.5 tool is not installed in my computer.
I want to know whether the CUDA 7.5 tool must be installed into my computer or not under recompiling the VS project files of DualSPHysics V4.0 only for CPU.

Ps: I also check the main source code, parts of containing CUDA are quite a lot.
What should I do?

Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• Please read always the documentation first!

According to the guide, if you want to compile only the CPU code (without installing and using CUDA7.0) you have to choose:
    - ReleseCPU in the windows project
    - Use Makefile_cpu in linux
  • Thank you very much, Alex.
  • I have one question, too.
    On the compilation in Windows Visual Studio, it is when I have released CPU in Visual Studio 2013, however, the obtained file is the DualSPHysics4_win64.exe, not the DualSPHysics4CPU_win64.exe. Why? Could you give me some advice?
  • Hello, Alex

I have done it, and obtained the DualSPHysics4CPU_win64.exe file which I want.
    Thank you very much for your help.
  • Dear Arron, Please can please help me with how you solve the problem. I am having similar problem here...I am using Visual studio.
    Thanks
  • Hello Alex, Please I am new to using c++, I have succeeded in clearing all the bugs to compile the DSPH but I kept having error requesting for the #include "stdafx.h" (cannot open include file: stdafx.h, no such file or directory. Please kindly advise on how to deal with this.
    Thank you for your help.
  • edited September 2017
    Hello!

How do I just open ReleseCPU? without opening project? I still get the same errors as in this thread. How did you solve it? Thanks!