Laminar + SPS turbulent model Recompilation

imcimc
edited September 2016 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
Hey guys!,

I have one question about the source files for compilation and the executable file that comes in the folder.

When I run the example CaseFloatingSphereVal2D with the original executable, and with the recompiled version (just recompiling using the makefile with no modifications), I get different results. Why could this be happening?

So I ccompared the formulation of the Tau stress tensor in the source files provided, with the reference paper (Darrymple & Rogers) given in the guideline and I found them to be different, I wonder if you could help me on this, I have all the documentation of my runs and my concerns on the formulation in the source files.

But in anycase, the recompiled version should give the same results as the executable file that comes in the downloaded folder, right?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• That is right.
    Please send to us (dualsphysics@gmail.com) the needed files and your scripts to check this so that we can check it on our onw.
    Thanks.
  • imcimc
    edited September 2016
    I have sent you a mail to dualsphysics@gmail.com, with my three results, please let me know if you need more info.

Thank you in advance