How could I separate each fluid in two phases simulation using source code?

edited September 2016 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
Hello,

I am testing two phases simulation.

After simulating the two phases simulation, the output file's extension is ".bi4" like others.

Using the command "PartVTK4_linux64", I can separate the "PartFluid_$$$$.vtk" and "PartSediment_$$$$.vtk" from ".bi4" files.

But I want to convert to custom particle file format directly from ".bi4" files.

Assume that ".bi4" file contains one fluid, I can convert to custom particle file format from ".bi4" using "JPartFloatBi4.h & .cpp"

But I don't know how to separate PartFluid & PartSediment from ".bi4" using "JPartFloatBi4.h & .cpp".

Could you let me know the which part of the source codes are helpful for me?

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,
    No need to modify the source code, you can achieve your goal by modify the bat file which carry out the calculation and do the postprocess.
    output the vtk of two phases seperately according the mk value(-onlymk), you will get the vtk file for each phase.

Best regards

Qiao Cheng
  • Hi, Qiao
    Thank you for reply.
    I understand your suggestion. However, I am trying to convert custom particle format from bi4 file.
    I've already done converting "bi4" -> "custom particle format" using the source code. But when simulation is two phases case, I don't know how to read the particles separate phases in source code level.
    I am looking into DualSPhyscis & ToVtk4 source codes. The related cpp file of source code is pre-compiled as .a file.