complex drawing

edited July 2016 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
Dear Alex,

are there any possibility to use object create by solidworks rather than CAD file after coveting it to STL format?

Comments

• edited July 2016
    As indicated in the guide, you can use STL PLY and VTK and there is a document "ExternalModelsConversion.pdf" that explains how to convert other file formats into those three ones.

All information is available in the Documentation. Please read the guides and PDFs
  • thank you helping me all times
  • dear friends,

I just want to fixed a one edge of floating body and to analyse the surging effect of the floating body. How can I do this? are there any references
  • Hi,

Thank you for helping me.

I tried with comments given by you and successfully end up with adding external object to the code.

Actually my expectation is to float a flap and it should hanged by bottom and rotate around a pivot point but in my code the flap floating on the water. I saw in you case you have successfully completed this type of problem for sea wave energy converter (
    Simulation of Wave Energy Converter using DualSPHysics coupled with Chrono-Engine)
    cloud you please look into my code give me comments to modify it.
  • Hi Udesh,
    could you use the STL format converted from SolidWorks in DualSPHysics?
  • Yes you can use any STL format that was previously converted by other software. SolidWorks is one of them

Regards
  • Thank you Alex!