Simulated values of peak discharge is smaller than measured

edited April 2016 in Old versions
Dear all,

I set up a wave flume with Dualsph to simulate wave overtopping. The verification of the measured water depth time series is quite good, but the overtopping discharge is underestimated, especially for the large waves. Could you give suggestions on how to calibrate the model?

Regards,
Yi

Comments

• This week we release new version and new document will explain the parameters you can tune and the suggested values depending on the problem under scope

Regards
  • Thanks Alex, good to hear that! looking forward to the new version.
  • Hi Alex,

When will the new version be available? You guys vaporware it again..
  • Monday 18th April
  • Hi Alex,

Thank you for the new version.
    I've still got the problem with the new version. When simulating the overtopping, the wave gauge fits very well by the overtopping discharge is obvious smaller. I think maybe the problem happens while the water depth is small on the levee slope, but the increasing of the particle number seems helpless. Could you try to think what might be the possible reason?

Best regards
  • You can send to us the XML and BAT files you use to run the case and we can take a look to help

Regards
  • Hi Alex,

That's very kind of you. I saw a new discussion that you posted on Suggested values for wave propagation. Some of the parameters are different from mine. I'll try them firstly. If it still doesn't work I'll email you the files. Btw, what is your email address?

Best regards
  • send the files to OUR email address: dualsphysics@gmail.com