How to make a continuous solid boundary condition?

edited March 2016 in Old versions
Hi, everyone
Last presentation I made about my simulation in channel flow with a slope was unsuccessful, which is due to the angular bottoms yielded by DualSPHysics were not continuous. For example, in the documents give by DualSPHysics in Case Wavemaker, you can find that the prism solid bottom with a slope is not continuous as well. In another word, the elevation for each of the particle could be different, but in practice, we can find that this is not true, for each of them has the same elevation within a same layer. So the discontinuous bottom actually seems to be more like a ladder at a slope. Can somebody tell me how to make it more continuous ? Thanks a lot!

All in best!
Ming

Comments

• You have several options:

1) you can create a vertical solid and then apply a rotation transformation

2) you can use a different program from GenCase to create initial position of your boundary particles. Note that GenCase only creates points with a given position, density and velocity. So you can use your own program to create the same initial condition as found in Case.bi4 (output of GenCase and input of DualSPHysics)

3) We also have a new functionality in GenCase that allows you to import points with defined positions from files but we are still preparing this for the new release

Alex
  • Thank you very much, Alex! It's quite nice to get your comments, and this perfectly helps me solve this problem, I found it can be done with rotation as the same as the first option you cited. Moreover, we can also use interpolation method in MatLab to creat as grid and then import it to SPH.