Measure Tool Error (HELP)

edited February 2016 in Old versions
Hello,

I am currently trying to run a simulation of a wave interacting with a wall in order to measure the elevation of the wave and the number of particles that overtop the structure. I have edited the CaseWavemaker.xml file inserting a new drawprism (fluid), new drawprism (boundary) and new drawprism (wall) so that the slope on right hand side of the wall is at 90 degrees to the wall and the particles that overtop it can easily be measured. A void box was also added to ensure no particles started on the right hand side of the wall. I then used the DualSPHysics Guide to edit the .sh file adding the measuretool section of code and the PointsHeights.txt file into the folder. Unfortunately this does not run properly with an error occurring when it tries to find the PointsHeights.txt file in the dirout directory and another error linked to -n. When checking the output files there seems to missing files for the motion piston_.vtk and surface_.vtk. I have tried running the measure tool from the original case code without any modifications. The motion piston and surface files seem to show up although I still get an error at the measure tool stage linked to the PointsHeights.txt file not being found. Any help setting up the measure tool would be greatly appreciated as I am not sure what to do next.

Kind regards
Charlotte C

Comments

• You should check that file "PointsHeights.txt" is in the directory you have data.
    If you still have problems, just email us with the files and we will check it ASAP

Regards
  • Hi, the PointsHeights.txt file is saved next to the xml and sh file so within the test folder. May have to email you the files...
  • Hello again, I have sent the files to the dualsphysics@gmail.com address. Let me know if you need any more information or if I have sent it to the wrong place.. Thanks again :)