Problems exporting floating body as VTK

edited December 2015 in Old versions
Hi all,

I set up a coast simulation with a boat in it (included as STL).
When i tried to export the floating data I did it like in the CASE_PUMP-example:

%boundaryvtk% -loadvtk %dirout%/%name%_Boat_Actual.vtk -filexml %dirout%/%name%.xml -motiondatatime %dirout% -savevtkdata %dirout%/MotionBoat -onlymk:23

MK 23 should be correct since it exports one single vtk, but thats it. Why doesn´t export it one vtk per timestep?

It works, if I use PartVTK or IsoSurface to get the data exported, but I want to have the exact shape of the boat.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Comments

• You need to be sure that "%name%_Boat_Actual.vtk" contains different mk and that mk=23 is the boat

Regards
  • Hi Alex,

thank you for your quick response.
    It is the boat, but ParaView says that "%name%_Boat_Actual.vtk" only contains mk:23.

How can I change it?
    Thank you in advance.

Chris
  • Now I skipped the <<shapeout file="Wavemaker"/> lines for every mk. Like it was in the CASE_PUMP-example.
    Hence I just get the %name%__Actual.vtk as output. It includes both. Cost and boat, but I still cannot export the floating boat.
    I also export the wavemaker with the same code (mk is 22 instead 23).

I have no idea, why it doesn´t work...
  • Problem solved...
    The key was to change -motiondatatime to -motiondata
  • For the wavemaker its fine since you know how the piston is going to move so "-motiondata" is ok, however for the boat you need to read the actual movement that took place during the simulation so you have to use "-motiondatatime" ...
  • But -motiondatatime didn´t work. I changed it to -motiondata and the boat got exported well.
    But thank you anyway for your explanation and help, Alex.