Case DamBreak --> *** Exception <JVtkPolyData::SaveFileVTk>

edited December 2015 in Old versions
Hi, I am just starting to use DualSPHysics and am trying out the Dam Break Case. I am trying to follow the user guide but am getting the following error with the GenCase code:

[Code]

PS C:\Program Files\DualSPHysics_v3.2_Windows_x64\RUN_DIRECTORY\CASEDAMBREAK> ../../EXECS/GenCase_win64.exe CaseDambreak
_Def CaseDambreak_out/CaseDambreak

GenCase v2.04 (27-12-2013)
============================
OmpThreads: 16

[LoadXML]
List: MAIN

Total operations: 12
[LoadXML-End time:0.005s]

[Draw]
Case limits: (-0.05,-0.05,-0.05) - (2,1,1)
Distance between points: 0.0085
Case domain: (0,0,0)-(240,122,122)
Domain points: 241 x 123 x 123 = 3646089
Case parts: 1 x 123z
Memory: 0.00Gb 3.48Mb (3646089)

> MAIN

*** Exception (JVtkPolyData::SaveFileVtk)
Text: Cannot open the file.
File: CaseDambreak_out/CaseDambreak_Box_Dp.vtk

[/Code]

I get the exact same error when executing the enclosed .bat file as well. Maybe I am missing a simple step.

Thanks,

Adam

Comments

• I've fixed things and my problem was that I did not specify the required sub directory. Sorry!
  • I'm having the same problem. How did you "specify the required sub directory?" I defined the path to BoundaryVTK in the executables section of my bash script, so I'm confused by this error.
  • You should create new folder in RUN_DIRECTORY and just copy and use the .bat or .sh files

Regards
  • Hi Alex,

I tried that, but I was still getting the error message mentioned above. In my case, the problem was that I didn't have the line ' ' at the end of the lines corresponding to my fluid in the XML. Putting that line in got me past the error message. The only problem now is that there is no MotionFloating file being created by BoundaryVTK4. The message is as follows:

SaveVTKdata> CasePlunge3_out/MotionFloating OnlyMk=[21]
    *** The file has not been created due to the absence of data.

At first, I thought the Mk# was wrong, but it doesn't seem to be. In the XML, the floating object has ' setmkbound mk="10" ,' which corresponds to ' $dirout/MotionFloating -onlymk:21 ' in the BoundaryVTK section of the GPU bash script (following the mkbound + 11 convection outlined in the user guide). I tried to check to see if Mk=21 was included in my CaseXXX_Actual.vtk, but I'm not sure how to read the file with a text editor as it does not appear to use UTF-8 encoding.

Any insight would be most appreciated.
  • You can open CaseXXX_Actual.vtk in Paraview and plotting Mk values of that file you will see if it is included or not.

If you still have problems just send your XML to us (dualsphysics@gmail.com)

Regards