Restart and Post-processing issue with excluded particles

edited November 2015 in Old versions
Dear all,

I am having a hard time to restart and post-process a simulation I ran. Some details of the simulation are:

DualSPHysics v3 (17-12-2013) on Tesla GPU K40m
8302171 Particles, dp=9 mm
Symplectic time stepping
Wendland kernel,
Laminar+SPS viscosity=0.0005
No deltaSPH
TimeMax=5 with TimeOut=0.1
h_value=0.0191
b_value=499469
ShephardSteps=15

I experienced some minor particle exclusion with this setup before when I had larger dp, but so far I never ran into any problems, at least not with the post-processing. But regarding the actual run, I experienced some errors which I cannot resolve. Both the restart around time step 40 ($dualsphysics $dirout/$name $dirout -partbegin:40[:41] $dirout -sv:binx -svres -gpu) and the post-processing (PartVTK_win64.exe, MeasureTool_win64.exe, and IsoSurface_win64.exe) fail with the following error (copied exemplary below for MeasureTool):

MeasureTool v1.41 (17-12-2013)
===============================
Threads for parallel execution: 8
LoadData> .../Part0000.bi2
LoadData> 3D data files...
LoadData> .../Part0027.bi2

*** Exception (JPartData::SortDataOut)
Text: Excluded particle data are missing.

Execution aborted.
Press any key to continue . . .

Post-processing fails (irrespective of operating system) from time step 27 on-wards although the simulation did continue without problems during run time. It however stopped due to exceeding wall time on the cluster after step 41, so it tried to restart the simulation to complete till time step 50 which failed with the same error. Unfortunately I cannot retrieve the actual numbers of excluded particles as this stdout was not copied into the cluster log file.

I'd be curious to learn what went wrong here.

Best regards
Nils