Save the pressure of one point at each time step

edited October 2015 in Old versions
Greetings,

For my case with 2D sloshing simulation, the time step should be around 1e-5. Because of the help I got from this forum, I know that in order to track and save a dynamic point pressure in rotating tank sloshing case, I need to go to -particlesmk:20 to achieve this. However, this method only gives me the pressure results at the stage of post-processing, which means I need to save the whole fluid domain at each time step. As a result, the data stored after 30-40s simulation time would be horrible.

Can anybody show me how to save the pressure time history of one probe (-particlesmk:20) without save the whole fluid domain at each time step?

Comments

• You have to code that on your own in the source code
    Regards
  • Thanks Alex.
    Could you point out which source codes should I look into?
  • Basically you have to include the computation of pressure at the end of the step. However to do that you will need to call particle interactions again to include the contribution of neighbouring particles around your point so you need to use call_interactions for that purpose.
    Then you only have to write your results with the frequency you want in a file (mimic what we do to write PartXXX.bi2 but more often).

Regards
  • When post-processing using MeasureTool to get pressure at certain locations, there are 2 pressure values if lattice of boundary and fluid are set to be 2. I am curious about which pressure I should make use of.

If I set lattice to be 1, I got one pressure value which equals 0. I am not sure what the differences are between lattice to be 1 and 2.

Could anyone help me with these questions? Thanks!
  • Lattice 1 means that you are creating particles at the first instant in the nodes of a 3D cubic mesh.
    And when you choose lattice 2, that particles created in the node of a cubic mesh is replace by 2 particles slightly shifted so you have twice particles as with lattice 1 and their mass is also the half of the mass of particles using lattice 1.

Regards