Sloshing pressures and forces, possible paid support/expertise

edited October 2015 in Old versions
Hello All,
I have started to use DualSPHysics for application to 2D tank sloshing. I intend to first validate against the SPHERIC test case 10 for which the pressure is measured at a point on the wall or roof. The tank rotates about a point.

I have managed to recreate the case, and run it, but have not come up with an a way of measuring the pressure at a moving point. Also I am currently applying sinusoidal rotation, ideally I would impose the time history of the rotation from the experiment.

I will then intend to apply this to a larger 2D tank with internal stiffeners present for which I will need the forces on fixed lengths of the tank perimeter (forces on 2 m lengths of the tank plates plus the stiffeners)

I need to accomplish the following:

1) Accurately capture the pressure at a rotating boundary point (the term accuracy is relative, but it must be physical and reasonably capture the peaks). This goal includes both measuring the pressure and having it outputted to a text file, and also having a simulation setup that has reasonably correct parameter settings and guidance on particle counts.

2) Determine the fluid forces on fixed length intervals of the perimeter, eventually with "T" stiffeners present and outputting the forces of each segment to a text file time history file

3) Knowing how to model numerous thin stiffeners to the tank walls so that they move with the tank

Additional objectives which are more optional in nature but which I am interested are:

3) Impose the rotations from a time-motion file

4) Output the above pressure/forces at much higher frequency than the .bi2 files are output to avoid writing so many files

I work for a company which is willing to offer paid compensation for timely and relevant support/expertise. We require this support quickly. Proof of prior expertise in this application will be considered.

Interested parties should email me at: david@k-epsilon.com

Comments

• We are discussing about this and I will reply to you soon
    Regards

Alex