continuous particle inlet in confined flow simulation

edited September 2015 in Old versions
Hi,
I've been trying to set up a simple one phase flow simulation in a horizontal pipeline with DualSPHysics using the pre-processor available on the website. At this point I'm considering a 2D laminar flow with water.
I would like to verify the results from DualSPHysics by comparing them with the analytical solution for velocity distribution. For this I'll need to have a continuous laminar flow in order to get the values I need for that propose. What's the best approach for that? Is it possible to generate a continuous particle inlet with DualSPHysics? Would it be necessary to change the source code and modify the computation for particle cycle? Would that be the only/best option?
Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.
Ida

Comments

• There is no inlet conditions implemented in current version of the code.

You can define an horizontal cte acceleration and use Open Periodic Boundaries in the beginning and end of the tank

Regards

Alex
  • Hi Ida,

any news?

If you are struggling, you have my email, get in touch!!

George
  • Hi George,
    I'm not quite sure if I got what Alex suggested specially regarding the constant horizontal acceleration, but I've been studying the code as I believe I can't apply those changes on DPI.
    Thanks!
    Ida
  • Do not use DPI !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Modify other existing XML on your own and if you have problems email us

Alex
  • As the author of the DPI interface, I would just like to make the following clear:

1) It was designed for use with previous versions of GenCase, it may not produce perfectly working XML input files in the first instance from the latest release onwards without modification of its code.
    2) DPI was only ever intended to simplify the process of defining the BASICS of an input XML file, so specifying geometries etc. It is still useful in this regard, but when it comes to more complex parameters such as those now needed for the new multi-phase code, it was never designed with these new features in mind and won't provide an interface to this.

Undoubtedly as time goes by, the DPI interface will need to be updated to keep apace of the rest of the DualSPHysics project, whether resource will be available to do this is currently unclear, but in the meantime, DPI can still be treated as a useful tool for defining the basics of a new case, as long as you are mindful that you will then need to tweak/add to the XML it outputs for it to be valid with the latest GenCase versions or to unlock new functionality such as the multi-phase options.

All the best,

Stephen