3D impact

edited June 2015 in Old versions
Hello,

I am trying to simulate the case of a rigid cylinder impacting verticaly the water surface.

Is it possible to simulate a 3D case with high velocity (30 m/s) ? In 2D, the results seem to be good in comparison with experimental data. But in 3D, I have some problems. The runs stop with the message :
"particle boundary out> type:Floating cause:Position p:79557 id:26070 pos:(6807835.000000,-20806052.000000,7992279.000000)"

I tried other impact velocities, and when I am above 4 m/s, the run crashes with this message.

The fluid is declared "full" with [drawbox], [boxfill]solid[/boxfill].
The bound is declared "face" with [drawbox], [boxfill] left | bottom | right | front | back [/boxfill]. (lattice=2)
The cylinder (floating object) is declared "full" with [drawcylinder], and at t=0, the cylinder is around 6*dp above the water surface.

Is there any reason which can explain that the run stops in 3D with high velocity ?

Regards

Comments

• It is hard understand without XML file.
    Send this
  • If you increase the velocity impact, you have to increase speed of sound to get an adjustable time step.

In next version this can be easily indicated. Now you have to play with hSWL to get a proper cteB (equation of state) and then you have to increase coefsound for a higher speed of sound that will decrease the "dt".

Alex
  • Hello! I had similar problem. My problem disappeared after floating body inertia defining. May be you done it yet, but I can't see your reference to it.
  • Thanks all for your suggests and your tips to get better results.

I solved the problem with removing the rhopmax and rhopmin parameters. Indeed, the density increased too much during the impact.