Start a new simulation from a privious one

edited May 2015 in Old versions
Hi,

I want to start my new simulation from the end of my previous simulation. Is it possible with DualSPHysics ? And if yes, how can I proceed in order to do that ?
Thank you in advance.

Ps : My objective is to save time and space (always 2/3 days with the same calculations before to get the interesting results).

Mustaf

Comments

• I found "a solution", I collected the last geometry created from the simulation and I converted it in fluid particles for the next one. But with this method we loose all the values since we have an initialisation. Any suggestions ?
  • -partbegin:begin[:first] dir
    Specifies the beginning of the simulation starting from a given PART
    (begin) and located in the directory (dir), (first) indicates the
    number of the first PART to be generated
  • Hi Alex,

First, thanks for this quick reply. But can you be more accurate ? So I have to modify the .sh file (after the $partvtk). And then I have to add for exemple :

-partbegin:PartFluid_0050.vtk:[PartFluid_0051.vtk] /Directory/to/partfluid/0050/

Is it correct ?

And also, the geometry will need to be replaced ? I mean the PartFluid_0050.vtk replacing the initial fluid in the xml file.
  • Please send to us an email to dualsphysics@gmail.com and I will reply to you when I check it first how exactly works. Then I will post it also here

Regards
  • After several tests, I found something this morning. I Can continue a previous simulation but it doesn't work if a modify some parameters. As I don't know if it was the good procedure, I prefer to wait your response.
  • let us imagine that you have the folder CASE_OUT with 10 Output files, so that, till Part0010.bi2

you can use -partbegin:2[:3] /direction/to/the/begin/part/ but check that:
    1) do not run again GenCase or remove/create the folder CASE_OUT
    2) you have modify TimeMax in the XML folder (the input of DualSPHysics, the one generated by GenCase