Water break up

SRDSRD
edited March 2015 in Old versions
I am interested in water break up after impact to a wall. Are there any experience of modeling break up because of impact to a wall by Dualsphysics?

Comments

• Not sure, what you mean with water break up... But there are several studies of wave-structure interaction using DualSPHysics:

Altomare C, Crespo AJC, Domínguez JM, Gómez-Gesteira M, Suzuki T, Verwaest T. 2015. Applicability of Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics for estimation of sea wave impact on coastal structures. Coastal Engineering, 96: 1-12. doi:10.1016/j.coastaleng.2014.11.001.

Aureli F, Dazzi S, Maranzoni A, Mignosa P, Vacondio R. 2015. Experimental and numerical evaluation of the force due to the impact of a dam-break wave on a structure. Advances in Water Resources, 76:29-42. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2014.11.009.

Barreiro A, Crespo AJC, Domínguez JM and Gómez-Gesteira M. 2013. Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics for coastal engineering problems. Computers and Structures, 120(15): 96-106. doi:10.1016/j.compstruc.2013.02.010.

Crespo AJC, Dominguez JM, Barreiro A, Gómez-Gesteira M and Rogers BD. 2011. GPUs, a new tool of acceleration in CFD: Efficiency and reliability on Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics methods. PLoS ONE, 6(6), e20685. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0020685.
  • Thanks Alex

These works are close to my purpose but not what exactly I mean.
    The main aim of these works are related to interaction forces between the water and wall. But sometimes you need to know more accurately about the water spray creation because of this impact. In this case the Breakup Models help to have a good estimation of droplets size. The quality and quantity of droplet creation is the main aim.
    I think it can not be modeled without having an effective contribution of the surface force in the procedure of solution .
    I think Dualsphysics ignores the surface tension force.
  • You can find some works about the implementation of the surface tension in SPH models, but this is not included in DualSPHysics

Regards