Start to learn DualSphysics

SRDSRD
edited March 2015 in Old versions
I knew Dualsphysics a few weeks ago and downloaded the guides and read them. Unfortunately I could not find how I can start modeling with that?
Are there any Tutorial to show that, step by step, modeling and solving a simple problem by DualSphysics?

Comments

• Maybe you should start to build some simple models (for example a cube or a plate and a single spherical waterdrop) by using the DualSPHysics Preprocessing Interface. This helped me a lot in the beginning ! If you do not want to simulate the whole problem you can just use the Gencase tool to transform your geometry into a particle system and analyze what happened to your model in ParaView or something similar.
    Reading the user guide and working with the testcases is a good way to understand DualSPHysics in my opinion.
  • Thank you
    I could load the examples in the per-processing interface.
    What should I do after this stage?
    It shows the geometry, boundaries and parameters. It means I have a case and now I want to solve it. How can i define the particles?
    How to compile it?
    How can I sea the results? I have para view but i do not know how to see the results?
  • You should study the batch or shell execution files of the examples with an editor.
    In addition to that study the userguide. Everything is explained there !
  • Hi,
    I've recently start using DualSPHyics and I'm trying to set up a simple example to understand better how the software works. I have two different fluids (i.e.. water and oil) flowing in a pipeline. My question is: how can I define different densities/viscosities for each individual geometry?
    Thank you.
    Ida
  • This version is only ONE Phase. So sorry
    Alex
  • Hi Alex,
    Many thanks for the prompt reply.
    Do you know if SPHysics would be adequate in dealing with more than one phase?
    Also, is FreeCAD a good CAD tool for Linux OS? The DualSPHysics pre-processing interface is not suitable for more complex geometries (i.e. tubelines involving angles)
    Ida
  • Hi Ida,

please check the new version v3.2 if you need to do two different phases, such as a Newtonian / Non Newtonian water/oil for example

George
  • Thanks George!
  • When I started I made great advance by making little modifications to the case definition files of the examples.
  • Hi, I’m a new user. I run a example in multiphase case. How do I can see my results?
    I know I can see the model in paraview. but I want to see my output data and use that for draw a diagram.
    please help
  • edited February 2019
    @reza_hd go through the relevant videos in this youtube channel

Search DualSPHysics on youtube and go to "Play Lists"
  • Dear @Asalih3d : I saw the videos in youtube and I think for plotting height or velocity or ... I should import XML file in freeCAD. I do that, but there is something wrong for my geometry and input datas.
  • edited February 2019
    Dear Reza_hd

In DualSPHysics an XML file is usually the whole simulation setup, which is activated through a batch file. If you already have an XML you should just run it, look at the code in the examples.

If you need to make a simulation, here the GUI, is very useful in the sense you can draw and move inside FreeCad until you are pleased. And then at the end it will export an XML and run it for you.
  • The GUI with FreeCad is very useful to start or to run some simulations in 1-day course...
    However once you start to work more with DualSPHysics you should use XML and BAT files directly....
    Please follow the examples/main to create new XML files starting from existing ones...
    Examples of how to compute free-surface elevation can be found in many of those examples

Regards
  • Dear Alex
    I follow the examples for my project . I add some order to batch file before run but there is something wrong because after run I can't get the result in text files.
  • that bat file looks older than v4.2 ...
    what version of the code are you using?

Regards
  • The newest public version is v4.2, you should be using that one.
  • yes, better to use the newest one since bugs/problems/solutions can be of interest of more people
  • Hi
    I define a submerged breakwater in Multi-phase case. is it possible I define permeable or impermeable breakwater in DualSphysics?

Regards
  • @reza_hd would you consider posting your questions as new posts, instead of using posts which are about 4 years old?

In that way it would be much easier to help you, since more people will see it :-)

Kind regards