2D casefloating

edited March 2015 in Old versions
Hi,
I am trying to simulate a simple 2D floating simulation using the 3D casefloating example. It is possible to just imposing the same values along Y-direction for 2D configuration ??

Comments

• Thank you,

May I know what is the relation between initial particle spacing and speed of sound. Cause when I tried the case with 0.005m of initial particle spacing, particle seems to cluster on the right hand side of the tank.
  • Hello;

I made a 2D simulation for case (cylinder with a density of 1.2) that exists in thefichier"C:\Users\user\Desktop\DualSPHysics\DualSPHysics_v3.1_Windows_x64\DualSPHysics_v3.1_Windows_x64\RUN_DIRECTORY\CASEFLOATING" but I did not find the same result by comparing with the results presented by Fekken and Moyo & Greenhow
  • Canelas RB, Domínguez JM, Crespo AJC, Gómez-Gesteira M, Ferreira RML. 2015. A Smooth Particle Hydrodynamics discretization for the modelling of free surface flows and rigid body dynamics. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids. doi: 10.1002/fld.4031.
  • thank you Alex
    I read this article, but the problem is that I have not found the curves which are the same with those published in the article, if ρ = 1.2 ρw, is what he will a method to communicate to you my curves.
  • Increasing resolution leads to better results.

However in case of further problems, please contact directly the first author of that paper: Ricardo Canelas.

Regards
  • thank you very much Alex
  • Hello;
    if we take for example a 0.1x0.1 dimensional cube instead of a cylinder, and if we approach it in the wall (tangent) as it is unable to run the simulation, for if you go against the away from the wall, the simulation is successful.

how to run the simulation for the case of the cube that is tangent to the wall.

Best regards
    Ahmed.