A boundary particle was excluded

edited February 2015 in Old versions
Hello,

I was trying to make a sloshing tank in DualSPHysics. Different from the example from youtube, the model was made with a rotating box with fluid inside. But the program kept giving me error message of "A boundary particle was excluded"

At first I thought it was because the box was outside the domain, but the message happens at the very first 0.01 sec or so that couldn't be the reason. Then I tried to make the box with recitlinear movement but the message popped out as usual.

Everything was fine if I take out the motion. I wonder if it is related the density range thing that gives error of "A fluid particle was excluded".

A bit puzzled, please enlighten me!

Jiafeng

Comments

• YES! I was able to track down a previous discussion http://dual.sphysics.org/vanilla/discussion/302/problem-with-moving-boundary-condition/p1 where you have already answered this question. But a problem left unanswered in that discussion:

When

MapPos(border)=(-0.145021,-0.545021,-0.025021)-(0.145021,0.545021,0.525021)

and my execution parameter is

-domain_fixed:-0.2,-0.7,-0.2,0.2,0.7,0.7

it says that "Domain limits is not valid"

I couldn't find any example of the correct format of domain_fixed and the description of -domain_particles and -domain_particles_prc looks a bit confusing, Could you give an example code of this part?

Thank you
  • Just for contingency, I drew a larger box around the sloshing tank to solve the problem. But I am sure there should be a better way to do this.
  • Just use "drawpoint" to define two boundary points at the minimum and maximum positions that the particles are expected to reach during the simulation.

Regards
  • That is smarter!
  • That is also explained in the FAQ!!!!
  • That is also......true. Forgive my carelessness. But how does -domain_particles work if I want to use that? For example if I have a box(0,0,0)-(1,1,1), how to define the domain as(-1,-1,-1)-(2,2,2)? -domain_fixed:-1,-1,-1,2,2,2 doesn't work.

Thank you again for your patience.