error with java 1.8

edited January 2015 in Old versions
Hello,

I am trying to install DualSPHysics for the first time. My java 1.8 is full operational and java_home is correctly set. But I keep having error messages of not finding files on directories. Can anyone pin out where the problem is?

Comments

• Hello,

Only the pre-processing interface "DPI" requires Java to run, all other pre- and post-processing tools along with the DualSPHysics solver itself are either C++ or C++/CUDA.

There is a good chance that you are missing one or more libraries needed to run DPI as it should work with Java 1.8 as long as it is Oracle or one of the open-source compatible alternatives.

We have tried to provide as many of the libraries needed to run DPI under Windows or Linux but it is not always possible, especially in the case of Linux where different distributions provide different basic configurations.

If you look at the console/terminal window from where you launched DPI, there should be some textual output telling you what is going wrong, if you can provide a copy of this (either here or to me directly) we can probably start to work out the problem.

Best regards
  • Thank you for your help!

The console window shows

"The system cannot find the file key."
    "The system cannot find the file '1.8',."
    "The system cannot find the file not."
    "The system cannot find the file not."
    "Expected JRE 1.6 or higher. Please ensure a valid version is installed and your JAVA_HOME or PATH variables are set."
    "Press any key to continue..."

And when I tried to open 'CaseSolids2_win64_CPU' as administrator

"The system cannot find the path specified."
    "Execution aborted."
    "Press any key to continue..."

This happened to every case.

And when I tried to open 'DualSPHysicsCPU_win64_v31' or any other *.exe under EXECS folder, a bunch of lines flied over console window and disappeared without any following program being opened.

• I'm using WIN7 by the way.
  • If you are using Win7:
    1) you should download the windows package and unzip
    2) go to RUN_DIRECTORY/CASEXXX
    3) open the command prompt
    4) type CaseXXXX_CPU.bat and ?????
    That should work

Regards
  • Thank you! It works now!