Prescribe velocity in periodic open boundaries?

edited September 2014 in Old versions
Hey guys!

I have tried to search through the previous post but can’t find a suitable answer. As I understand, in the current implementation of DualSPHysics (v 3.1) there is no possibility of prescribing the velocity of particles that is reintroduced in the domain when using the periodic open boundary condition. Is this feature difficult to implement? Any ideas how it should be done and where to start? Thanks for a great code!

/ Patrick

Comments

• Right now, the only possibility is changing the position, for example adding a value to the Z position as shown in CASEPERIODICITY. Particles maintain the values of velocity, density and pressure. Note that the change you suggest is not a proper inlet conditions so what you ask depends on the application you want to perform... Checking subroutines about peridocity or tracking the change in position of the values once they move from one edge to the other can help you to code this.

Alex
  • Hi,

You can force the velocity of reappeared particles in void JSphCpu::ComputeVerletVars(tfloat3 *vel1,tfloat3 *vel2,float dt,float dt2,tfloat3 *velnew), if you use verlet stepping. I hope this helps.

Best, G.