Rhop value not as expected from CASEWAVEMAKER results

edited August 2014 in Old versions
Hi,

In the CASEWAVEMAKER Def xml file rhop is assigned a value of 1000. But when I visualized the results from the simulation rhop was 500.

Why such a huge difference? Is this normal in DualSPHysics ? Doesn't error in density calculation affect the accuracy of the solution ?

Thanx

Best Regards,
Sunil

Comments

• You are doing something wrong for sure.
    Only values between 700 and 1300 as assumed asvalid by default. Particles with values of density beyond those limits are removed from the simulation.
    And if you have not changed anything from the original testcase, then you are doing sthg wrong with Paraview.
    Check it or email us to dualsphysics@gmail.com

Regards
  • Hi Alex,

Thanx for your reply,

Yes, you are correct. I was looking at the density values in the isosurface. But, when I visualized the PartFluid files, the density values are correct. My apologies......

Thanx again,

Sunil
  • Happy to help.

Values shown in vtk obtained with IsoSurface are not physically correct.
    They are only interpolated values of velocity or density at locations of the surface.

Regards
  • Hello;

if it is found, after a simulation result is not adjusted with that found by experence, what are the parameters and conditions to correct the error.
  • I don't really understood but if you're always talking about isosurface, you can't get good values and it's normal. Because the isosurface is here only to give you a beautiful render of the fluid.
  • Values shown in vtk obtained with IsoSurface are not physically correct.
    They are only interpolated values of velocity or density at locations of the surface.