Segmentation fault (core dumped)

edited July 2014 in Old versions
Dear all,

I've been successfully compiling the test cases and some cases I built for my research on linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
However, my current problem is that now the code crashes for all the DualSPHysics applications I try:

1) I tried to redo the previous simulations that used to work but the segmentation fault is still here.
2) I tried to re-install (recompile the source code using "make -f Makefile" command) but the segmentation fault is still here.

Since I did not touch the source code, and since even the test cases crash, I do not know where the problem is.
I enabled the creation of core dumps from the current shell session using "ulimit -c unlimited" command in order to debug the program but the problem is still the same.
Should I re-install the OS ?

Thank you in advance for your kind answer.
Best regards.

Comments

• - the cases in run_directory are executed with the provided executable before you compile a new one?

- when you compile on your own, do you have any problem? or the code is properly compiled?

- can you send to us an image of the text of the error when running the cases and the segmentation fault appears

Regards

Alex
  • - the cases in run_directory are executed with the provided executable before you compile a new one?

-> Yes, I compiled the cases with GenCase_linux64 and then with DualSPHysics_linux 64. The core dump appear during the calculation of the Part_00xx files.

- when you compile on your own, do you have any problem? or the code is properly compiled?

-> when i compile on my own (my own case) I got the core dump during the GenCase compilation.

- can you send to us an image of the text of the error when running the cases and the segmentation fault appears

-> Sure! I send you these images on the following address: dualsphysics@gmail.com
    I send you also the .xml case file on my own case.

Thank you very much for your concern.

Best regards,
    N3ar.
  • We will check it in the following days

Regards