DEM in DualSPHysics

edited July 2014 in Old versions
I know that the coupling between DEM and SPH has been added in DualSPHysics, which is very important for the study on the interaction between fluid and solid. And I have some questions on this function:
1) Can the mass and gravity of the solid (DEM) be added? If can, how? Because, I can't find this function in the examples.
2) in the examples the shape of the blocks (DEM) is box. It can be other geometricsolid?

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
Henry

Comments

• Dear Henry,

1)You can change the mass in two ways: directly stating the mass or stating a relative density. Both examples are in the Gencase guide that comes with the code, in the floating objects section. As for gravity, i'm not really sure what you meant by it. The body is affected by the same gravity vector the fluid is, except if you use the variable acceleration function (providing the acceleration in a separate file, that can change in time). That case is still not implemented;

2)You can use any shape at all. Simple geometric constructions or import stl files with complex arbitrary meshes. You can see an example in the youtube page where a cargo tanker is modelled, with containers on top.

Hope you have fun,
    Ricardo