Restart Simulation

edited March 2014 in Old versions
I thought maybe I could restart my simulation by using a previous output VTK [ i.e. drawfilevtk file="PartFluid_xxxx.vtk"], but this does not work. All my particles leak out of my domain when I do this.

Does anyone know why this happens? Or has anyone successfully restarted their simulation?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Dear,

In order to restart your simulation, you have to use a file with ALL the information of the system!!!!!!!!!

If you are loading a PartFluid_xxxx.vtk file, obviusly you are loading only fluid data since that VTK seemed to me that was created only with fluid particles. So do you want to restart your simulation only with fluid values??? Are you using boundaries????

I hope that this is clear now!!! Please use the last Part_xxxxx.bi2 file created
  • edited May 2014
    Hello,

For example, if you want to restart your simulation from the file "Part0136.bi2" located in the folder "mycalcul_out", just modify your GPU.bat like this:

%dualsphysics% %dirout%/%name% %dirout% -svres -gpu:0 -sv:vtk,binx -partbegin:136[:137] mycalcul_out
    if not "%ERRORLEVEL%" == "0" goto fail