Water leaking through boundaries

edited November 2013 in Old versions
Hi everyone, first and foremost, thanks for all the developers for making such a fascinating program and very easy to use. That being said, i have a problem sometimes with water leaking through some part of the boundaries, i don't know if is because i'm not using enough particles (>1000.000) or maybe i'm doing another thing wrong. I would really appreciate any help on the matter.

Comments

• The best way to avoid particle penetration is placing additional layers of boundary particles. Usually GenCase only place one layer or one staggered layer of boundary particle. If the angle of the boundary is not appropriate, then there is not enough boundary particle. In that case, you can have another boundary just out of the original boundary in XML, which will give you additional layers of boundary particle, and prevent the penetration of fluid particles.
  • Thanks for your input Fallet!

I'll try adding another layer to the boundary.
  • I realized that the problem wasn't the particles penetrating the boundaries. It was a command "setmkvoid" intended to remove fluid particles which also removed boundaries particles as well, the case being imported from a STL file. This was unexpected because initially i used the setmkvoid to try to remove portions of boundary created with the drawing geometry commands provided in the code (drawbox, drawcylinder, etc) and in that case only removed fluid particles within.
  • But i am using a ply geometry and i have not used setmkvoid function. What could be the reason then ?