How to generate visual representation.

edited November 2013 in Old versions
This is a total new guy question. I'm new to SPH and I wanted to take DualSPHysics for a test drive. I was able to run one of the cases fine on a Windows platform and my output folder has all of the generated .bi2 and .vtk files. Where I'm lost is how to take these and make a visual representation of the data. I've looked through the PDF documentation and I don't see that next step as to how you do that. Can someone point to a resource that takes me to that next step? Maybe I'm missing something, but I've been googling for a while.

Thanks

Comments

• Hello Teepspalmer

The easiest way to watch your simulation is using Paraview. Try some of the provided samples and view the simulation using it. Follow step by step the documentation. It is well detailed.

If you can view the samples but you cannot view your simulation probably you would have a problem in your XML.

Please try it and report your results.

regards
    Iñaki
  • Thanks Inaki,
    I actually found Paraview an hour or so after I posted the question. I finally found the right keywords to find what I was looking for. Part of the problem with digging into a completely foreign technology is figuring out what the correct terminology is and what it refers to. Thanks for the help. I actually was able to run a few of the cases and view them in Paraview. Now to tackle a case of my own. Should be fun.
  • Excellent. May the Force be with you!