Non-Newtonian Validation

Dear DualSPHysics users,

Have you conducted validation studies for the non-Newtonian solver using experimental test data ?

Best ,

Shadi

Comments

• Zubeldia EH, Fourtakas G, Rogers BD, Farias MM. 2018. Multi-phase SPH model for simulation of erosion and scouring by means of the Shields and Drucker-Prager criteria. Advances in Water Resources, 117: 98-114. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2018.04.011.
    Fourtakas G, Rogers BD. 2016. Modelling multi-phase liquid-sediment scour and resuspension induced by rapid flows using Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH) accelerated with a graphics processing unit (GPU). Advances in Water Resources, 92: 186-99. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2016.04.009.

• Thanks Alex,

I used the non-Newtonian solver to model a landslide case and I found that DualSPHysics overestimate the wave height generated by the landslide.

Do you have any idea , why it happens?

I appreciate your replying?

Best regards,

Maryam

• You should email the main developer of that branch of the code: Dr Georgios Fourtakas.

You should find his email contact in those papers

Regards

• Thanks Alex,

I sent an email to the main developers , however, I have not received a response yet. I am wondering if there is an alternative contact method or if you have any advice on the next steps?

I appreciate it.