Course next September 2023 in Salerno
Dear DualSPHysics friend,
We are happy to announce the second “Course on SPH modelling of wave energy converters and structures for coastal protection” which will be held next 28-29 September 2023 at the University of Salerno (Italy).
During our two-day event, you will have a great time while learning about SPH. This course is specifically designed for beginners who are interested in gaining a general understanding of SPH and utilizing the DualSPHysics code for engineering applications. The hands-on session will involve modeling and executing applications using the latest version of the Graphical User Interface, with a focus on wave energy converters and breakwaters.
If you already possess a proficient level of knowledge, this course will give you the chance to explore new functionalities and gain a deeper understanding of the SPH principles that underlie your numerical setups.
We have recently released new version 5.2, which includes the following new functionalities:
- Automatic bathymetry from elevation points
- Advanced method to fill external geometries especially for mDBC
- Improved initial density gradient for complex simulations
- mDBC can be applied now to floating bodies
- Focused waves generation (1st and 2nd order theory)
- Advanced refilling rate to increase performance of inlet/outlet
- Lagrangian formulation for flexible-structure interaction (FSI)
During the event, you will have the opportunity to interact with the event organizers and code developers, and receive specific assistance for your specific needs. Don't hesitate to bring along any questions or concerns you may have. We will do our best!
More information at: https://sites.google.com/unisa.it/dsph-course23/
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
With our best regards,