CUDA error 35

Hi everybody, 

A few weeks ago I started using DualSPHysics, running quite simple simulations employing the macro DesignSHPhysics on freeCAD and using only the CPU, obtaining results in a reasonable time for 2D simulations with a few thousand of particles.

Since from now on I need to simulate 3D systems with more particles, I tried to run the same simulations as before on the GPU and I got this error message:

"*** Exception (../source/FunctionsCuda.cpp::GetCudaDevicesInfo:145)Text: Failed getting devices info. (CUDA error 35 (CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version))“ .

The workstation I am using is characterized by 64,0 GB RAM, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz processor and Nvidia quadro A4000. Do I need to buy a new graphic card or this problem can be fixed keeping the one I have?

In case I need to buy a new graphic card do you have any suggestions for a powerful and suitable GPU with a budget of 1500 - 2000 € ? For example could NVIDIA RTX A4000 or one of the NVIDIA TESLA GPUs be good?

Thanks in advance

Beatrice

Comments

• Hi

Please update your graphic driver.

That is what the error says; "CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version)"

The GPU you have is capable and you do not need to buy a new one. A little bit of help follows:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx#

But otherwise find a youtube video explaining how to automatically download a geforce driver. Please note that while this should in theory never do anything bad to your system, I am not responsible if an unforeseen uncircumstance happens. This is quite a normal procedure though.

Kind regards

• Thank you very much!

I'll try