Some Particles were excluded (Excluded for: position=0 rhop=0 velocity=962)

Hi,

I am trying to run a (2D) simulation with two floating bodies - one of them is a large pillar that is around 2.7 m long and 0.235 m wide

Every time, I run the simulation at 5 m water depth, I get an error saying

If I look at the VTK file of the excluded particles, they are the top and bottom of the pillar and have very high velocities (pillar in white)

If I remove this pillar from the simulation, it works fine. Simulation with the other body alone works fine.

I have run a wave generation test in the same domain, so it is not an issue with the domain itself.

I have assigned no initial velocity to the body - so I am stumped as to how this velocity is assigned, that too only at the ends.

I have attached my XML file along with the stl files of the two floating bodies.

@Alex @Asalih3d If you could point out where the issue might be, it would be very helpful

Comments

• When you look at the vtk of excluded particles, remember to import all the other particles from another file, to see exactly where particles out is located.

Did you give it a mass value of "," instead of "." so it is accelerating due to gravity much higher than it should?

Else you need to go through one step at a time, changing one parameter at a time, will probably take a day to debug.

Kind regards