6th DualSPHysics Workshop OCTOBER 2022
We are pleased to announce the 6th DualSPHysics Workshop, taking place at Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech (UPC), on 25th-27th October 2022.
The DualSPHysics Workshop brings together a growing community of users and developers of this open-source SPH code.
The program will include a day of training, delegate presentation sessions and lectures from DualSPHysics developers on the latest major developments and features of the code.
Day 1 (25/10/2022) will include two practical sessions:
- For developers about how to modify the source code in DualSPHysics (other kernel functions, equation of state or saving new array in the output files).
- For users where selected tests will be built and executed using the latest version of Graphical User Interface DesignSPHysics.
Day 2 (26/10/2022) and day 3 (27/10/2022) will be devoted to sessions for presentations by participants and lectures by developers on the main developments and applications of the code:
- New options during pre-processing
- New on BCs: mDBC for floating objects
- Fluid-structure interaction model for free-surface flows and flexible structures
- Updates about coupling with Chrono and MoorDyn
- New options for wave generation
Day 2 will also include an invited keynote lecture by Professor Abbas Khayyer (Kyoto University) on "SPH for new generation fluid-structure interaction solvers and reliable design of advanced coastal/offshore structures".
In addition, a beta version of the code (DualSPHysics_v5.2_BETA.zip) will be released for workshop participants only, including all major new features.
More information here: https://dual.sphysics.org/6thworkshop/