6th DualSPHysics Workshop OCTOBER 2022
We are pleased to announce the 6th DualSPHysics Workshop, taking place at Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech (UPC), on 25th-27th October 2022.
The DualSPHysics Workshop brings together a growing community of users and developers of this open-source SPH code.
The program will include a day of training, delegate presentation sessions and lectures from DualSPHysics developers on the latest major developments and features of the code.
Day 1 (25/10/2022) will include two practical sessions:
- For developers about how to modify the source code in DualSPHysics (other kernel functions, equation of state or saving new array in the output files).
- For users where selected tests will be built and executed using the latest version of Graphical User Interface DesignSPHysics.
Day 2 (26/10/2022) and day 3 (27/10/2022) will be devoted to sessions for presentations by participants and lectures by developers on the main developments and applications of the code:
- New options during pre-processing
- New on BCs: mDBC for floating objects
- Fluid-structure interaction model for free-surface flows and flexible structures
- Updates about coupling with Chrono and MoorDyn
- New options for wave generation
Day 2 will also include an invited keynote lecture by Professor Abbas Khayyer (Kyoto University) on "SPH for new generation fluid-structure interaction solvers and reliable design of advanced coastal/offshore structures".
In addition, a beta version of the code (DualSPHysics_v5.2_BETA.zip) will be released for workshop participants only, including all major new features.
More information here: https://dual.sphysics.org/6thworkshop/
Please pin this to the top of the forum.
"In addition, a beta version of the code (DualSPHysics_v5.2_BETA.zip) will be released for workshop participants only, including all major new features." When will the beta version come into Github? How to attend online and will I get the new version if I attend online? Sincerely to thank
The event will take place in person. A beta version will be provided only to attendees and some months after we will release the code freely for public downloads.
What about Multi-GPU or CPU cluster implementation? Do you have plans to add that in the next new versions?
Thanks. But as I see from the workshop, there will be online participants, Is there any change?
That is an error since the event will be finally face to face.
There is NO online workshop, it was an error in the website