Using Wave Paddle in Flexible Gate test case of Project Chrono

edited May 2022 in DualSPHysics v4.2

Hi everyone, I hope everything is well with you.

Actually, After a long time i decide to use new feature of DualSphysics.

I saw the Flexible Gate Test case in folder of project chrono, you use dam break flow for fluid simulation. i know its only a benchmark that have strong effect on the structure. but i want to know can i use wave paddle in the test case of flexible gate to solve interaction of elastic beam with wave?

i think it is possible😅 but i want to know in more details.

Comments

• Note that we call it FLEXIBLE, but it is just a set of rigid parts connected with hinges...

The simulation of beams can be carried out with different approaches in DualSPHysics, but any of them are available online yet:

1) O’Connor J, Rogers BD. 2021. A fluid-structure interaction model for free-surface flows and flexible structures using smoothed particle hydrodynamics on a GPU, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 104. doi:10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2021.103312

2) Martínez-Estévez et al. Coupling between DualSPHysics and FEA Module. SPHERIC Workshop 2021... journal paper is coming

• Dear @Alex , I know that, flexible in this case means set of rigid parts connected with hinges.

but i want to know that we can implement wave paddle in the XML file of "flexible gate" instead of dam break.

i need to simulate regular wave interaction with a single flexible beam and i know that this feature do not exist in the current version but i decide to simulate this beam with rigid parts connected with hinges. and my question is about possibility of the wave paddle implementation in this case with XML?

if i simulate <wavepaddle> ... </wavepaddle> in the XLM file of Flexible Beam, the code is running or not?

i read the paper of prof. rogers and its very good article, when this feature implement in the dualsphysics?