Comparison between the calculation results of DualSPH's DEM, coupled Chrono library and Literature

I want to verify the accuracy of the DualSPHysics code in calculating the interaction between particles, and I chose the examples in the following references for simulation calculations:

(doi:10.1016/j.jcp.2008.12.005) Simulation of solid–flfluid mixture flflow using moving particle methods

In the literature, the experimental results of dry particle motion in the absence of water are as follows:

My comparison results(using Chrono) are as follows:

I have changed all the parameters that can be changed, such as PoissonRatio, Kfric, Restitution_Coefficient, Young_Modulus, using SMC, and I have tried the NSC option, the calculated results are also very unsatisfactory.

And I also have tried the DualSPHysic's DEM and SPH, the DEM result is another extreme:

I would like to ask if anyone has used the DualSPHysics code to verify the experimental results in this paper? Can you share with me, I have been searching for a long time and still can't find it, I don't understand why I have tried almost all the parameters that can be adjusted, but the results are still very unsatisfactory, why is this, am I doing it wrong or what is going on?

At the same time, I also verified the calculation examples in DualSPHysics_v5.0\examples\chrono\07_DamBreakCubes that comes with the DualSPHysics code: DamBreak1Cube_Def.xml and DamBreak3Cubes_Def.xml, the results I calculated and the built-in results are very consistent:

The blue line in the first picture is the curve I made when I misunderstood it, please ignore this curve.

Why is there no problem with the built-in calculation example? My calculation results in the literature are very unsatisfactory. Can I think that the effect of fluid on the box is more correct, but the effect between solid and solid, such as friction, is quite different from the real situation ? Is there any suggestion? Are there any relevant references to recommend (I have read the literature on Chrono)?

Comments