A bug about Kfric

I think I found a bug.

The specific process is as follows:

I used Chrono to simulate a problem, the simulation file works fine, but if I switch to using the internal DEM contact processing, an exception pops up:

""

Exception (JSphCpuSingle::LoadDemData) at ..\source\JSph.cpp:1181

Text: Object mk=50 (mkbound=40) - Value of Kfric is invalid.

""

alum_piledup.bat.txt

Uploaded 2022年3月25日3.08 KB

alum_piledup_Def.xml.txt

Uploaded 2022年3月25日13.38 KB

ChFloating_Materials.xml.txt

Uploaded 2022年3月25日3.03 KB

The above three files are able to run normally. But if I make the following changes, the program will pop up an exception!

https://forums.dual.sphysics.org/uploads/498/865YQMGZGM74.png There was an error displaying this embed.

The value is change to "2" from "3". When I looked for the reason from the code, I found that there should be a problem reading the material parameter file!

@Alex Can you help me to confirm if this is a bug in the program?

Comments

• Several issues.

Try first to use:

<links>

<link mkbound="0" property="ytjsteelBox" comment="Property for the tank" />

<link mkbound="40" property="ytjsteelGate" comment="Property for the Gate" />

</links>

Second:

I think you have to uncomment:

<!-- <bodyfloating id="Gate" mkbound="40" modelfile="AutoActual" modelnormal="invert"/> -->

• Yes, I've tried it out, still thank you very much for your reply. But a new problem is that the results calculated by DEM and Chrono are very different, and when compared with literature data, there are two extreme cases. Do you know what's going on here? Which calculation is trustworthy? Or am I doing something wrong?