2D simulation produces y-displacement

@Alex sorry to bother you again. Evidence that 2D simulations produce displacement in a third direction is here. My simulation setup is as above, and before starting the simulation I looked at the xxx_All.vtk file. The y-coordinate of all particles is 0. However, during the simulation calculation, it prompts:

Particles out: 37 (total out: 416) - Current np: 11266

All particles in the _ResumeFluidOut.csv file are excluded because of their position.

Through the visualization software, it is found that the y-direction positions of these particles are not 0. Where is the problem? Is it a numerical error? How to set up to avoid this problem?

Thanks for your any reply or suggestion!

Best regards!

Comments

• Those y-positions are zero (or the zero approximation by the code) and they are not changing at all.

Can you please send to as an image of Case_All.vtk?

• @Alex The uploaded zip file is this file. If it is not the displacement in the y-direction, where is the root cause of this problem of excluding particles? All excluded particles are due to location problems. How should such problems be dealt with? I desperately need this information and hope you can help. I'll appreciate you very much!

Best regards!

• @Alex I have looked at the source code and regarding the particles being excluded I found the relevant part of the code. But just from these few lines of relevant code, I still don't understand why particles are excluded based on their position? Is the position of the particles wrong? If not for this reason, why exclude particles based on their positions, and how to solve or avoid this problem?

• Setup your case step by step, check that the simulation can run for each step, then check your final remake and see if it works.

You need to do trial and error, as Alex explained this is not possible to happen. Of course there can be bugs, but I would think that this would have been caught years ago if it was truly a bug.

Also what you are showing is part fluid out, try adding more boundary layers to solve that.

Kind regards