Excessive penetration between floats created with Chrono

I use Chrono to perform collisions between spheres, no matter distancedp value="0.5" or distancedp value="0.01", there will be a large amount of penetration between floats (directly causing many particles on the sphere to be excluded from the simulation domain). Each sphere initially has a dp distance from each other. why is that? Is it related to the normal direction?  Is it related to the following statement?

modelnormal="invert"

Comments

• You have to check the geometries and the normals of the objects that will collide!

• objects are in folder chrono_objs
    • normals need to be checked according to their generation: generally closed boxes, spheres have normals from inside to outside the closed geo

Therefore check that first, and if need invert normals (specially of the tank container)

Regards

• @Alex Thanks very much. I'm so sorry to disturb your vacation again.

I'm confused how to check the normal direction!

I've had a similar situation before, where the sphere was free-falling directly through the bottom sidewall, and by trying, I ended up adding an invert normals statement to the bottom sidewall.

The current situation is that many spheres penetrate each other. I even thought about whether only the mdbc sidewall involves the normal direction, but it turned out that Chrono still involves the normal direction (regardless of whether the side wall is multi-layered)

In addition, I have a doubt that has little to do with the current problem, why many examples provided are single-layer boundaries (such as DualSPHysics_v5.0\examples\chrono\07_DamBreakCubes), but sometimes when I use a single layer boundary to simulate some case, the particles often go out of the boundary