Can Chrono and mdbc are used in different parts of the same study?

mdbc cannot currently be applied to floats, so I would like to ask if it is possible to use Chrono for floats and mdbc for fixed sidewalls?

In addition, for the floating body, can I use several layers of particles to simulate a solid floating body with a hollow floating body (the purpose is to reduce the number of particles involved in the calculation)?

I have tried the above two questions for many times, but they have all failed. I would like to ask if the program does not currently support it or if it is a problem with my operation?

Thanks to anyone who gives help or advice very much!

Best regards!

Comments

• Not sure what you mean...

Chrono is applied to any solid body. Collisions can be solved between fixed, moving or floating bodies and mechanical restrictions are apllied only to floating objects of course...

On the other hand we have mDBC that can be applied to boundaries to solve the fluid-solid interaction. However mDBC are not used in floating objects yet using v5.0.

Floating objects can be created with several layers of course... you only have to fill it with particles (autofill) or create the object as solid. There is no need to include a hole to save time since most of the time is spent computing interacions of fluid particles at 2h distance of particles of the floating object.

Regards