Chrono issue with floating and tank interaction

Hello,

I am using the Project Chrono coupled with DualSPHysics to simulate floating bodies in a straight channel. At some point of my simulation, some blocks stick to the bottom face of my tank and don't move anymore. It seems like there is a gap between fluid particles and the bottom face of the tank that creates this space where floating bodies can stay (see screenshot). Is there a way to avoid this issue ?

I tried changing the allowed collision overlap in a range between 1 and 0.01 but it didn't fixed this issue.

I am also using the relativeweight parameter to keep the proportion of body immersed close to reality.

Thanks a lot for any comments or advices!

Regards

Comments

• You probably need to increase resolution by quite a lot.

When you use Dynamic Boundary Condition, a gap between fluid and boundary particles will occur - lowered by increasing resolution.

Relativeweight is fine, you can do it how you like, but it is better to use a specific mass in my opinion.

Collision overlap will not change that much too my knowledge if the resolution is too low.

Kind regards

• Please, check that initially the objects are not so close to the bottom

Try different cases with objects at different initial distances from the seabed